Monday, March 1, 2010

Ramblin Raycing!


Getting ready to race at Lake Holcoumb Wisconsin


Well, We took the #224 Goodwin-Ramblin Raycing Moto-Ski to the race track this past Saturday.

The results, Not too bad for my first race. I have raced before on what you would call "cross country" and that was back in the mid 90s. This past Saturday was a test of sorts. A test to see if I still had some race left in me. And a test to see if all the work (and money) in this sled paid off.

I guess I would say it was a success, I came in 4Th out of 6 in both my races, The first was just me getting used to the sled, the second race I got it! I took the hole shot and actually drove the sled. The first race the sled drove me.

I think I would have come in second in race two, But in the final lap in turn two I was run across by another sled and had to back out of the gas. But I was right there. within striking distance. And that's when I had my Epiphany that I was hooked, that I have the ability, and that this is my new passion.

When the guy who finished in front of me told me "I knew you were there, I could hear you" that did it. I was pretty nervous before the race, I wasn't worried about me. I just wanted to run a clean race and not get into anyone. These guys put a lot of time in these machines (and cash) And I didn't want to get in the way.

Thanks to Brad Miller for all his help. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be out there, Thanks to Kurt Krueger as well. These guys are what Friends and sportsmanship are all about!

We hit it again this week in Minnesota! I will keep you posted!

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment