Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ramblin Ray possible death alert: Today High!

On a scale of 1 to 10 I usually roll on a 3 out of a possible 10 on the "Ramblin' Ray death scale" Now when race season rolls around and I'm on the Ice with my idiot race buddies that number rises slightly.

Yesterday on 9-11 I thought about how many people after that day dedicated their life to the military, Moms and Dads sending kids off to fight a enemy we didn't really understand. I thought  how in the world  can parents handle the fact that their baby's are in harms way?

Now don't get me wrong I don't think about death, But I wonder while I watch my kid play ball how most parents can handle it, I'm a ball of stress, My heart pounds. I just watch and try to take in every play so when we go over game film I can offer his some type of direction, (Though I'm quite sure at this point he knows more about this game than I ever will).

That's when I started to wonder how Moms and Dads do it when their kids grow up and become cops, Fireman, tight rope walkers, Radio partners with the likes of a Lisa Dent, These are all things that can send you to an early demise.

I'm not a yeller, I don't scream, I watch. and I understand that every kid out there has worked hard to be on the field. But High school ball ain't little league. Your kid plays  because they are good. Not everyone gets a ribbon, You don't have cookies after the game. This is where is get serious, And thank God My kid can handle it.

I get a kick out of the difference between Moms and Dads, Moms don't want the kids to get hurt, Dad just wants the kid to kick ass. The guys stand together, so do the Moms. Pretty interesting.

Today the Bulldogs play Geneva.This is more than just a game, In Batavia you are taught in little league that this is most important game of the year, No pressure, just win, Or you cant come back to town. Seriously I think if you lose this game you get shipped off to some desert camp south of Kuwait.

This weekend again kids take to the fields everywhere, no matter what your kids are doing. they are have worked hard, Its up to us to just be there to support them. I just hope we don't cancel out in the process.

Batavia with a win and the death scale is very low, a loss and its way passed ten. But I know these kids, I know my town. Today we not in any danger!

Here's to a healthy weekend for kids playing games everywhere.

Go Dawgs!

RR







 

No comments:

Post a Comment