Tuesday, September 13, 2011

10 years later....

Ten years after 9-11 and I'm still pissed.

After watching all the coverage, I just sat there like it was yesterday. The silent parades, the police and firetruck with lights flashing for no reason didn't have an effect.

But the Program we ran on CBS Sunday night was brutal, I sat there with my kids and just shook my head, To watch the President get the news front of that classroom of kids in Florida, to see that look on his face as he got the news was something I had not seen before.

Than the towers, the story's, the people jumping to their death, just brought it all back.

I tried to explain to an 8 year old that it most likely will never happen again, I asked her if she was scared and she said no, I kissed her goodnight, than went back downstairs to hang out with the Con man my 13 year old. that was a different story, He just said wow , how did that happen. How could we let that happen?

All good questions, When a 13 year old asks, How did we let known terrorists get on airplanes?

That when I explain to him the big load of shit that is political correctness, How we cant stop people who basically look like the kind of people that have been doing this kind of crap in the name of religion since a stone could be thrown.

I than have to tell him about homegrown terrorists, like the uni bomber and those punk ass Columbine Highscholl kids,

It was a long night, it was a long day, Its been a long ten years.

Than you tell him the world is mostly a good place, and it because of people like his Grandfather that have fought for our freedom, That's when he says he wants to protect the country when he gets older, And that's when I say you will need your moms permission for that!

Its a crazy world. But thanks to this country and those that love the western way of life, Its a great world.

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment