Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Here we go again. Thoughts on Boston.

Another day to try and tell your kids that the world is really a good place. Problem is when your kids get older they get wiser, and in turn, mom and dad your job gets harder.

My oldest daughter Cheyenne said she didn't know where she could "feel safe" That's where I quickly say whoa, By and large we are the safest country in the world. and yes baby there is much more good than bad.

Times like these define who we are not only as people but as Americans, They define us as Moms and Dads, I know that I'm a knee jerk reactor and want to go out  be a tough guy and seek revenge. Then I understand that its my responsibility to inform my kids that these acts happen every day. I live in a city where the death toll from weekend violence surpassed that of the Boston Bombing. But since that doesn't happen in a neighborhood where news makers live we tend to over look it.

I will wait till I pass judgement on who's responsible, But I think we need to stop looking at laws and Guns, and what we think will make this country safe. The answer needs to be found in our countrys Mental health break down.

As far as Boston lets wait and see whos responsable, when we do this will be a totaly differnt blog today im just at a loss.

we live in the greatest country in the world. Hold those a little tighter today.

Hugs.

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment