Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ok Gay Marriage!!!

Been paying attention to Arizona in the news lately and weather they will approve gay marriage into law.

OK most of you that know me can probably figure out I'm a moderate. I'm Catholic albeit not a very good one. But I believe, I fear, and yes I do have that Catholic guilt that seems to be the one thing I took to heart from my religious upbringing.

So one would deduct that I would think Gay marriage is taboo. But here's my deep question this morning. If Jesus died for me and I'm forgiven (something I'm counting on by the way) How can we not in the end be forgiven?

Now before you toss in the caveat  that to be forgiven you need to be sorry for your sins, and I personally don't think being gay is a sin. read that again, so you don't misunderstand me.

Now enough of the religious  stuff, Lets get down to that little thing that our country was founded on that says "All men are created equal" you know that part that goes on to say we all have the right to "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness"

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer ya got your hand full with Bill SB whatever. Probably going to lose the Super Bowl over it. C'mon man. We have been down this road. Whatever you beliefs are what does it matter to you what someone else does?

I have some friends both Men and Women that are gay and surprise they are just like my hetero friends.(Only not divorced yet) Who gives a damn what people do or how they are. So here it is 2014 and we are still having stupid waste of time conversations.

My life is usually rolls like a 20 car wreck at Talladega and I usually keep a priest around just in case I need my last rights read to me. But I'm trying to grow up, and part of that is to not judge.

Today, (and trust me if you really knew me you would like to have me as a neighbor) I think its time for us to grow up!

Peace.....

RR


1 comment:

  1. "Who gives a damn what people do or how they are." I think you hit the nail on the head in one sentence here. Kudos

    ReplyDelete