Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Enough already!

I ran into a free spirit the other day, He looked like a cross between Osama Bin Laden and Jerry Garcia.

Now the new  Ray is trying to be more understanding, I used to judge a book by its cover , But that was a long time ago. In the last few years I have been open to some wild conversations with total strangers in the craziest places.

One of those places is Falto's the place where I get the hair cut, You know the RR fade as I call it. This past Friday  I'm taking part in the usual lunatic banter with Craig the owner and this "Free Spirit" dude come walking in. And it started.

All I did was listen while this guy talked about his 'Off the grid" Behavior. He grows his own food, Has solar panels for electric, uses firewood for heating his home, I guess I should say "old home" as there seems to be some questions to wither that stove caught his place on fire or if it was arson.

As this guy continued to talk, I figured there was nothing I could add, So I just listened. here's what I  heard.

No electric bill.
No gas bill
No Job
No stress
very little taxes if any (His shack is in Arkansas)


OK so look back up to paragraph two, I said I wouldn't Judge. But I will note that if you saw this guy around your kids you may feel a little uneasy but it got me to wondering how much "Do I need"? Seems that no matter how hard we all work that at times we are just a hamster on a wheel.

Not sure I can live like this guy, But I'm  pretty sure I don't want to be a hamster on a wheel either. Perhaps there is  something in between 10.000 taxes and Tin roof shack.

Oh wait I have one in College and two more to go. Forget what I just said, Time to get back on the wheel.

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment