Thursday, September 11, 2014

America Remembers, And where were you when the world stopped turning?

I have never liked the feeling of being on the Radio the day of Sept 11th, Its a weird day. No matter who I have worked with its never been a day that I like to be on the air, And honestly I don't think we have done the anniversary of this date justice.

I was asked to write something for our Facebook page and something for US99.com but I won't because honestly I just get pissed off.

I will reflect on how 9-11 was handled by Big John Howell, He was brilliant. Dead on. He showed how smart he was that day, While others speculated John knew exactly what was going on. He showed  that he had balls unmatched by many in Chicago radio, Made me proud to know him. He stayed on the air, and he actually called me (I was doing afternoons at the time) and asked me to try and get to the station because everyone was running out.

I recall going to get my little girl at school, Not because I was afraid. Just because I wanted to be the one who explained what in the world was going on, Then I remember being with my wife and just looking at the quiet beautiful fall Monday. It was surreal. I'm sure it was the same for you.

In the days since I have become angered at the Politically correct bullshit that we have been asked to endure, It seems to me these attacks have all come from the same place, and here we are 13 years later and last night the President says were going to go after them again.

I pray that our troops will have the green light to win, We cant worry about collateral damage, We need to support our troops, But they cant go in with out a clear cut mission.

I wonder if my kids will know what its like to ever be in a world that will not be at war with a "religion of peace"

I live my life knowing there is more good in the world than bad, But lately with Americans getting beheaded its hard to believe that's true.

Usually I have a clear, message when I sit down to talk with you, But not today. I wear my heart on my sleeve I have our colors stamped on my arm as a tribute to my dad who is a decorated Korean
Vet. I was heartbroken for our veterans who had to seen an attack on American soil, (Rambling again)

In the days after 9-11 we stood together as a nation, Now its the Left vs the Right. I think we need to somehow come together again.

I'm in a blah kind of mood. Its a sad day, I pray for those who lost loved ones, People just going to work. Then the first responders that knew they weren't coming home, True Hero's. Pause and think about all the life's  of our soldiers lost in the wars since. Remember the pentagon, remember flight 93, Remember Todd Beamer and how they took that plane back.

Now when I think about how those few acted It makes me feel better, I will always remember that day. I know you will too.

Peace

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment